*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: Senior Test Development Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior Test Development Engineer to lead our various engineering teams. We recently joined forces with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Test Development Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast paced, and dynamic company. Responsible for the development and execution of Tests and Characterization for Hardware and Systems.
- Working with hardware and software designers to characterize circuits and systems.
- Develop and implement detailed test plans and procedures for electrical sub-systems. Test development and software automation using Python, C++, and/or NI TestStand.
- Run manual and automated tests to Characterize and Validate Hardware and SystemsCollect test and characterization data to generate reports.
- Debug hardware and software issues.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Test Engineering experience including running and developing tests to characterize and test hardware and systems.
- Use of SQL query and data analysis tools (e.g., Spotfire, JMP)
- Experience with Automated test scripting languages such as Python or equivalent.
- Experience working in a lab environment with test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzer and Signal Generator.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Software Programming languages including C/C++, Python, and NI TestStand.
- Experience Working with analog, digital, and RF hardware and systems, including ADCs and DAC.
- Previous work with FPGA, DSP, Networking, and Embedded Software.
- Experience with some RF and/or systems engineering.
- Experience transitioning products from development to manufacturing.
- Windows and Linux environments.
- Agile environment including JIRA.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.