*Due to the sensitive nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.*
REQ01042 + REQ01069 + REQ01070
Job Title: Senior Test and Characterization Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Test and Characterization Engineer to join our Testing and Characterization Group. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Test and Characterization Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible small company in diverse roles within the testing and characterization group. As a senior test and characterization engineer, you will work at testing various levels within the system, depending on the project and need, which include RF, protocol, and software application levels. You will work closely with our internal customers (software and hardware developers) to understand their characterization and testing needs, develop and present plans, implement test and characterization software, validate it before use, and ensure that resulting data is organized for analysis.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in test and currently operating with a high level of expertise in the following areas:
- C/C++ and Python
- Effective coding that is maintainable, readable, re-useable, and scalable
- Able to demonstrate a high-level of knowledge and practical use of software engineering concepts
- GUI-based characterization software
- In WINDOWs and LINUX environments
- Organization and analysis of test data produced (in filesystems and database systems)
- Demonstrated use of effective test processes
- Working in an Agile environment using supporting tools such as JIRA
- Project planning in areas of responsibility/ownership
- Excellent communication skills including
- Ability to communicate and work efficiently with other locations
- Working with internal customers to understand requirements and ensure proper testing procedures
- Collaboration and coordination across teams/groups/locations
- Presentation of test results and recommendations
- Documentation of characterization and test procedures, test architectures, test and characterization usage
- Identify, communicate, and propose solutions for areas of improvement
- Triage, failure analysis, and defect reporting
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly (protocols, algorithms, coding languages, etc.)
- Testing of protocols and software
- RF systems including
- Incorporation and use of instrumentation such as signal generators, analyzers, etc. in characterization and tests
- Characterization and testing of RF systems or DSP-based systems with an understanding of DSP algorithms
- Work with internal customers early in the architecture and development processes to engage/advise on design for test, test infrastructure considerations, etc.
- Validation of test and characterization software
- C/C++ and Python
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Language expertise in BASH, QT, C# are a plus
- Past experience and/or knowledge of working with contract manufacturers in a test capacity
- Expertise in or working within 3rd party test frameworks (e.g. National Instruments)
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran