*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: R&D RF Technician
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for an R&D RF Technician to join our RF engineering team. We recently joined forces with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a R&D RF Technician who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. Requirements and responsibilities are as follows:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Understands radio frequency (RF) and electronic theory as it pertains to testing microwave down converters, amplifiers, filters, and attenuators at the circuit and module level
- Experienced using spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators and oscilloscopes
- Experienced debugging and characterizing RF components and boards
- Experienced using PLM systems (i.e. Arena)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, with ability to work within teams or as an individual contributor to accomplish design goals
- Troubleshoot RF issues at both board and system levels
- Evaluate performance of RF components and boards
- Work closely with design engineers during board bring up, debug and test
- Read and understand schematics, BOMs, assembly drawings, test procedures
- Perform rework (i.e. 0201 size parts) and PCB modifications as needed
- Write or modify a board level test procedure with guidance from design engineer
- Collect and organize RF characterization and test data, follow test procedures and instructions for the completion of assigned tasks
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical training/experience
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran