*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required. *
Job Title: Senior Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, Mukilteo, WA, Nashua, NH, El Segundo, CA, or Remote (U.S.)
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Chief Engineer to lead our various engineering teams. As a member of the Pacific Defense group of companies, our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMAOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
Spectranetix is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Systems Integration Engineer with outstanding technical, organizational and communication skills to join our small, elite team working in Sunnyvale, CA. Our high-performance computing systems are used for a variety of applications such as signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, threat detection, RF jammers, radio direction finding. To build these systems, we utilize state of the art hardware components such as FPGAs, SoCs, GPUs, and advanced software and firmware techniques that allow intuitive command and control of systems as well as data collection and processing.
The selected candidate owns the facilitation of successful configuration/integration/delivery of a customer designated CMOSS systems and drives continuous improvement of configuration and integration documentation and processes to constantly reduce the level of ad hoc and raise the level of standardization.
The candidate should demonstrate experience with a variety of technical disciplines including RF, complex electronics, and embedded systems.
The ideal candidate is someone with significant electrical system integration experience who’s eager for more emphasis on cross-functional leadership opportunities than board-level design work.
The ability to dive deep into technical issues to identify solutions and keep other teams moving is crucial to success in this role. Developing strong credibility and rapport with other engineering and non-technical teams is also a must.
- Own EE aspects of a highly integrated platform with a focus on experience and interactions
- Capture stakeholder requirements and translate them into engineering requirements for CMOSS module configuration and CMOSS System Integration
- Maintain the system schematic, block diagram, and interconnect plan
- Evangelize our hardware bug tracking and development processes
- Plan functional validation
- Lead investigations and develop mitigation strategies when necessary
- Full configuration of CMOSS modules and configuration, validation of CMOSS System. This bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support
- Prior experience as a system or integration engineer required.
- Product-level electrical integration experience, have or rapidly obtain expertise in CMOSS Systems
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills, comfortable presenting technical content and understanding how to tailor the narrative based on your audience and desired outcome.
- Great EE fundamentals including PCB design and embedded system experience, RF systems
- Understanding of mechanical design and software development processes in order to approach problems from their perspective and anticipate their needs
- Experience with power delivery, signal integrity, cabling, and interconnect
- Prior experience with VPX/OpenVPX/VME or similar systems is a big plus
- A capacity to thrive in a self-motivated environment that has few boundaries and at-times conflicting priorities
- Experience managing and overseeing the development of engineering documentation and procedures including Configuration Management and Risk Management.
- Minimum requirement: BS in EE, CS, or relevant discipline
- MS in EE, CS, or a relevant discipline preferred
Spectranetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.