*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
REQ01075 + REQ01076
Job Title: Senior RF Design Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior RF Design Engineer to join our engineering team. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior RF Design Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. Responsible for the design and development of leading edge wide-bandwidth RF technology to 18 GHz with extensions to 26.5 GHz and higher. Develop module and pc board level requirements, specifications, and designs. Interface with Systems, Software, Digital, Mechanical and Manufacturing teams to ensure producible, cost-effective designs, on-time and within budget.
- Lead work on design efforts by coordinating, monitoring and mentoring junior staff.
- Prepare detailed system and board level block diagrams and identify potential issues.
- Develop detailed requirements document prior to starting design.
- Work with system integrator to develop solutions that meet system requirements and result in a high-quality product.
- Lead design review process, document results and execute changes.
- Test and verify that design performance meets required specifications.
- Produce all required design documentation to ensure manufacturability and ongoing technical support.
- 10+ years of RF system and board level design experience
- Experience with CAD/CAE tools for schematic capture and PCB layout; familiarity with OrCAD and Allegro flow a plus.
- Experience with transceiver design, frequency conversion, frequency synthesizers and PLLs
- Experience with broadband (> 100 MHz BW) RF design.
- Experience developing full cascade analysis to determine system performance.
- Experience using EM field simulation and analysis software like CST Studio.
- Self-starter, with ability to work within teams to accomplish design goals.
- Experience with quick turn developments.
- Current/active security clearance is a plus.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran