*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: Sr. PCB Designer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior PCB Designer to join our Engineering Team. We joined forces with Pacific Defense and since then our growth as accelerated.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior PCB Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. This position requires strong PCB design skills and experience with creating, documenting, and maintaining design processes. Expected to work well with both internal and external designers as well as contractors. Must be able to establish strong relationships and interface with our internal engineers (hardware & mechanical), external contractors (PCB Designers), and board fabrication/assembly contracting houses.
- Collaborate with both RF and digital design engineers during parts placement and signal routing to ensure PCB design meets all requirements
- Collaborate with mechanical design engineers to ensure mechanical integrity as well as thermal requirements are met
- Work closely with PCB design contractors to ensure design processes and deliverables are met
- Work closely with PCB fab houses to ensure our PCB design requirements are met and resolve issues during PCB fabrication
- Work closely with contract assembly houses to clarify any design requirements and resolve issues prior to and during PCB assembly
- 10+ years of PCB layout and routing experience (experience with Allegro/Altium and Mentor cad products, such as DX Designer and PADS Layout, is preferred)
- 10+ years designing RF, high-speed digital and mixed signal PCBs starting from schematic netlists generated by other design engineers
- Experienced designing with high speed digital rates > 10 Gbps and RF > 6 GHz
- Experienced designing boards with 16+ layers using buried and blind vias
- Experienced with controlled impedance transmission lines, including single-ended and differential stripline, microstrip and coplanar waveguide.
- Experienced creating and documenting standard processes to build symbols and footprints (decals), and ensure processes are followed
- Experienced creating and maintaining schematic symbols and PCB footprints for the entire hardware design group. May require leading a junior designer to help create and check new footprints.
- Experienced creating and documenting PCB design processes for both internal use and for use by contract PCB designers, and ensure processes are followed
- Experienced working closely with contract PCB designers to ensure our design processes are followed and deliverables meet our standard requirements
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum requirement of BS in CE/CS; equivalent industry experience is a huge plus
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran