*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
REQ01064 + REQ01068
Job Title: Sr. Digital Design Engineer
Location: Mukilteo, WA (preferred) or Sunnyvale, CA or El Segundo, CA or Nashua, NH or Remote
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Sr.Digital Design Engineer to contribute to our various engineering teams. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modularopen systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’sC4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor OpenSystems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Sr. Digital Design Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. This individual will be responsible for algorithm design, architecture, and integration in digital systems including SBCs, FPGAs, MPSoCs, and RFSoCs. The Sr. Digital Design Engineer is expected to work well with Project and Program Managers and Engineers and other functional disciplines to identify and resolve technical issues/risks to minimize their impact on program execution/success. It is important that the candidate be able to work independently and collaboratively within multi-discipline teams. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
- Design, test, and integration of FPGA applications including digital signal processing (DSP), high speed communications, and system-on-chip (SOC).
- FPGA design including specification, design, simulation, synthesis, verification and bring-up using best practices and methodologies.
- Collaborate with team to help develop test benches and troubleshoot technical issues in the lab.
- Provide support and technical direction to entry-level engineers.
- Contribute to design, simulation, verification, integration, and test of complex, high speed products.
- Work in a cross functional environment with skills in multiple areas including hardware, software, and FPGA design.
- Minimum 7 of years of experience in digital design, focusing on ASICs or FPGA design.
- 3-5 years of experience in HDL design
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and infrastructure (AXI4) as well as embedded software design experience.
- Experience with Xilinx MPSoCs or RFSoCs and Digital Signal Processing (DSP) preferred.
- Experience with High Speed Interfaces (DDR, Serial Communications, etc.) for memories, FPGA’s, and processors.
- Experience with Design Analysis and Timing Closure as well as experience with FPGA Design + Simulation Tools (Quartus/Vivado, ModelSim, QuestaSim).
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Desired: Experience coding DSP applications.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or related field.