** Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance. **
*Please answer the screening questions at the end*
Job Title: Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, Mukilteo, WA, El Segundo, CA, or Nashua, NH, or Remote (in U.S.)
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company developing and delivering advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, seeks a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead one or more of our technical programs. As a member of the Pacific Defense group of companies, our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems, conforming to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used in multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We seek a Senior Technical Program Manager with experience managing advanced R&D and prototyping projects for Military and Government customers. This requires someone comfortable working with minimal oversight in a cutting edge, fast paced, multi-discipline R&D engineering/prototyping environment. The position manages a program and its underlying projects involving RF/DSP/Digital/Embedded SW design, PCB manufacturing, board assembly and test, mechanics, software, FPGA, DSP and systems engineering and test. This manager leads aggressive schedules, assessing schedule & technical risks, delivering programs on time, guiding engineering teams’ priorities, managing cost, and interfacing with program Military and Government customers.
- Provide leadership to the program project team engineers. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict.
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution.
- Coordinate with Management on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute program contracts/subcontracts. execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors and mitigates engineering risk throughout the program life cycle. Identify, assesses, monitors and mitigates engineering risk throughout the program life cycle.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident.
- In conjunction with Contracts department:
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements are executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures, (ie federal acquisition regulations).
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded.
- MUST be a U.S. citizen, able and willing to get a high-level Government Security Clearance.
- Engineering degree required, Master’s engineering degree preferred.
- Appropriate level of experience as a manager/lead in aerospace/defense program management.
- Must have effective leadership and management skills, along with excellent presentation skills.
- Significant experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Engineering degree required, BSEE or BSCS, maybe BSME Not IT
- Master of Engineering (preferred)
- Project Management Certification (preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran