** Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance. **
*Please answer the screening questions at the end*
Job Title: Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Anywhere, but Sunnyvale, CA preferred
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company developing and delivering advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, seeks a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead one or more of our technical programs. We recently joined with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems, conforming to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used in multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We seek a Senior Technical Program Manager with experience managing advanced R&D and prototyping projects for Military and Government customers. This requires someone comfortable working with minimal oversight in a cutting edge, fast paced, multi-discipline R&D engineering/prototyping environment. The position manages a program and its underlying projects involving RF/DSP/Digital/Embedded SW design, PCB manufacturing, board assembly and test, mechanics, software, FPGA, DSP and systems engineering and test. This manager leads aggressive schedules, assessing schedule & technical risks, delivering programs on time, guiding engineering teams’ priorities, managing cost, and interfacing with program Military and Government customers.
- Lead the program project teams and related cross function services.
- Primary interface with program customers on all matters involving contract execution.
- Coordinate with company senior management pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute program contracts/subcontracts.
- Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services.
- Identify, assesses, monitors and mitigates engineering risk throughout the program life cycle.
- Apply corrective action plans when deviations from budget, schedules, scope occur.
- In conjunction with Contracts department:
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements are executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures, including federal acquisition regulations.
- Perform timely closeout of completed programs with all obligations satisfied and program documentation properly recorded
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have seven (7+) years of experience in aerospace/defense Technical Program management, related to EW and/or Communications and/or SIGINT.
(This is not an IT related position.)
- Demonstrated effective leadership, management, presentation, oral and written skills
- Significant experience throughout a Technical Program lifecycle: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system/subsystem statements of work, risk management and continuous improvement efforts.
- Demonstrated success in manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control
- Engineering degree required, BSEE or BSCS, maybe BSME Not IT
- Master of Engineering (preferred)
- Project Management Certification (preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran