*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, El Segundo, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer – Comms to lead our various engineering teams. We recently joined forces with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer – Comms who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company. The Senior Systems Engineer – Comms is responsible for supporting military communication system development programs and new business pursuits. This individual will help to create, maintain, and realize key comms capability goals of assigned projects from concept through production. This individual will also help create winning technical proposals. The Senior Systems Engineer-Comms is expected to work well with Project and Program Managers and Engineers and other functional disciplines to identify and resolve technical issues/risks to minimize their impact on program execution/success. It is important that the candidate be able to work independently and collaboratively within multi-discipline teams. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
- Knowledgeable of military communication system architectures.
- Knowledgeable of point-to-point and multi-node network communication waveforms and associated radio/modem processing.
- Establishing system-level architectures and partitioning of functional capabilities.
- Establishing and realizing technology baselines using multi-disciplined resources throughout the product lifecycle.
- Requirements definition, allocation and tracking using DOORS or an equivalent requirements management tool.
- Generating system/subsystem specifications, use-case scenarios, and interface control documents (ICDs).
- Participating in System Requirement Reviews and Engineering Design Reviews.
- Understanding system CONOPs and developing innovative and realizable solutions.
- Analyzing customer solicitation requirements and developing compliant and cost-effective solutions.
- Conducting comprehensive system engineering trade-off studies.
- Developing winning proposals, technical write-ups, RFI responses and whitepapers.
- Engineering development cost/schedule estimation and basis of estimate justification.
- Participating in customer briefings and product demonstrations.
- Conducting competitive analysis.
- Supporting IRAD plans and development of product roadmaps.
- Must have:
- US Citizenship
- At least 5 years of relevant Systems Engineer/Comms in Defense experience
- BSEE (MS preferred) with knowledge of signal processing and EM theory.
- Knowledge of Defense relevant RF and wireless systems
- Knowledge of Defense relevant communications systems
- Excellent oral and written communication and leadership skills
- Strong working knowledge of simulation tools such as MATLAB
- Strong working knowledge of lab equipment including, but not limited to, Spectrum analyzer, Function/signal generators and oscilloscopes.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran