*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. We recently joined forces with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating!
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who wants to get involved in a fast-paced and dynamic company. As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer at Spectranetix, you will be involved in mechanical design and packaging of high-speed circuit boards and systems that have tough requirements in thermal management including air and conduction cooling, EMI and RFI shielding, compact and rugged packaging constraints dealing with various MIL-STD environmental demands from ground based to airborne. These are complex mechanical modules with associated cable harnesses, related test fixtures, all with tight tolerances to support seamless system assembly, test, configuration, operation and servicing. You will work closely with a cross-domain team including RF and Digital engineers, systems engineers, test engineers, software engineers, manufacturing engineers to ensure a successful development.
- Current security clearances a plus
- A least 5 years of related Mechanical Engineer Design experience
- Previous experience VPX/OpenVPX, VME, CPCI, rackmount or equivalent style chassis and PCBAS enclosures preferred
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficiency in Solidworks for 3D Modeling
- Proficiency in PLM use
- Proficiency in Engineering Change (ECN / ECR) process required
- Proficiency in making 2D drawing and application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) required
- Thermal modeling, simulation, and verification ability required
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio & Outlook) required
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving in a dynamic work environment.
- Current security clearances a plus
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis simulation preferred
- Experience working in Electronics Industry preferred
- Hands on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques preferred
- Understanding of VITA 46, VITA 48, and other MIL-STDs highly desired
- Evaluate system requirements and devise hardware-based solutions to implement those requirements
- Capture design requirements and lead mechanical design effort working with Systems Engineers, RF and Digital Engineers and other staff in the design effort
- Produce and archive all necessary documentation for the design to ensure manufacturability Performs tolerance analysis at system and subsystem level.
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works with other Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Responsible for the research and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems. Responsible for providing technical expertise in the core technology area of the potential suppliers to reveal best design path and performance.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, manufacturing and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirement of BS ME, MS ME is preferred