*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
REQ01004, REQ01012, REQ01029, and REQ01030
Job Title: Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Sr. Hardware Design Engineer to join and lead our Engineering Teams. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Sr. Hardware Design Engineer who wants to get involved in a fast-paced and dynamic company. As a Sr. HW Design Engineer at Spectranetix, you will be involved in design and architecture of high-speed boards and systems that utilize FPGAs, SoCs, DSP processors, Embedded Processors, and Communications/Interface ICs including multi-gigabit SerDes Transceivers. You will lead the hardware design and interact with a cross-domain team including mechanical engineers, systems engineers, test engineers, and software engineers providing guidance and documentation to ensure a successful development.
- Current security clearances a plus
- Must have at least 5 years of experience designing VPX/OpenVPX, VME, CPCI, rackmount or equivalent style PCBAs
- Expertise in schematic capture using EDA tools such as DxDesigner/PADS or OrCad Capture/Allegro
- Expertise in successfully implementing high-speed digital circuits and interfaces such as PCIe Gen 3.0/4.0, Ethernet 40/100 Gbe, JESD 10 Gbps, DDR4 2400 MHz.
- Firm understanding of current PCB manufacturing technologies, and DFM/DFT technique to ensure engagement with PCB vendors and successful PCB fabrication
- Familiarity with lab equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, and Oscilloscopes, Multimeters and DC Power Supplies
- Demonstrated experience building successful Hardware Boards and Products
- Expertise in board level simulation including power and signal integrity for high speed interfaces is highly desired
- Familiarity with Embedded board bring-up using Linux is a significant plus
- Evaluate system requirements and devise hardware-based solutions to implement those requirements
- Capture design requirements and lead hardware design effort working with Systems Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and other staff in the design effort
- Prepare detailed block diagrams of board and system design and identify any potential issues
- Lead the HW design review process, document the results and execute the changes
- Perform Signal Integrity simulations
- Perform board bring-up and DVT, support additional testing as required
- Produce and archive all necessary documentation for the design to ensure manufacturability
- Minimum requirement of BS in CE/CS; equivalent industry experience is a huge plus