*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. We recently joined forces with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating!
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. Responsible for managing, maintaining, and advancing the state of the art in embedded software components on SDR systems.
- Be responsible for system architecture and design on our embedded platforms
- Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Design, develop and verify firmware and drivers for embedded systems
- Lead in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software source code.
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
- 5-10 years of experience as an embedded software engineer writing C and C++ user space applications
- Experience in design, development, and debugging applications on ARM/ARM 64 architecture
- Experience developing application software that interfaces with FPGAs, sensors, and other embedded hardware
- Experience with building and “bring-up” of embedded Linux, Linux kernel, and Linux user space packages on ARM based SoC’s
- Experience with RTOS, embedded Linux development, and user space drivers on Linux
- Experience in writing well-documented code in a collaborative, team-centric environment
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Previous contributions to open source projects and Linux Kernel are a plus
- Minimum requirement of BS in CS, EE, or relevant field
- Masters preferred (CS, EE, or relevant field)