*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA or Mukilteo, WA, or fully REMOTE (anywhere)
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior Embedded Linux Engineer to join our engineering team. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company. Responsible for designing, creating, and debugging Linux kernel and application code, drivers, platform support files and more.
- Work with peers to research, design, and develop software that ultimately enables our hardware platforms to carry out their missions
- Mentor and convey experience and perspective to junior engineers
- Be an obsessive documenter, for yourself and your peers
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in related embedded Linux software positions
- Experience writing safe, readable C, C++, and sometimes ARM or x86 assembly
- Experience developing and debugging Linux OS application code
- Experience developing and debugging Linux kernel code such as drivers
- Experience with basic networking technologies as they pertain to a typical Linux OS
- Experience with ARM processor architecture and development nuances
- Experience with x86 processor architecture and development nuances
- Experience with containerization technologies and related concepts
- Experience with device tree integration and pain points
- Experience with board bring-up in Linux
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Software Defined Radio & Digital Signal Processing concepts
- Experience with Xilinx Ultrascale architecture from a Linux development perspective
- Familiarity with build systems & DevOps fundamentals (though this is not a DevOps position!)
- BS or greater in CE or CS, or equivalent industry experience