*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.*
Job Title: Senior Demand Planner
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Sr. Demand Planner to join our Operations team. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
This position is for Senior Demand Planner to coordinate, plan, schedule, and oversee the supply chain, material planning, and contract manufacturing activities. The successful candidate is highly organized and understands the processes that drive a supply chain. Responsibilities will include developing the master production plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The Senior Demand Planner will be responsible for MRP strategies and providing the monthly production plan to include delivery of booked orders and sales forecast. Coordinate with buyers to procure materials to meet planned requirements while meeting business objectives of quality and on time delivery.
- Develop the overall planning schedule in a way that prioritizes shipping schedules based on business needs and operational efficiencies.
- Optimize use of customized MRP system for increased efficiency
- Clearly communicate status using the established collaboration tools
- Ability to utilize MRP to its fullest extent to perform Procurement related activities
- Ability to proactively identify potential part shortages, work with vendors to prevent shortages, understand vendor capacity and constraints; as well as when to properly escalate potential part shortages.
- Track on-time supplier delivery performance and drive root cause and corrective action to improve overall supplier performance
- Experience working with ERP/MRP and inventory control systems
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective communicator able to work independently and in teams
- Must possess good reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Must have good time management ability to ensure that schedules and orders are met on time
- Minimum Requirement: High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- APICS Certification huge plus (American Production Inventory Control Society)