*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Job Title: Senior Application Software Development Engineer-GUI
Location: Sunnyvale, CA preferred. Will consider remote.
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Senior Application Software Developer. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a Senior Application Software Developer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. You will be working in a technically challenging role centered around new and innovative RF technologies. The role requires critical thinking, innovation, flexibility, and a willingness to learn.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible small company in diverse roles within the Application Software Development Team. As a Senior Level Application Software Development Engineer, you will work on developing applications software for our RF products that meet the needs of our customers. You will be expected to:
- Work closely with our firmware, FPGA, and HW teams to deliver the integrated product solution.
- Architect reusable, scalable and extensible software
- Provide leadership in software architecture, quality, design for test, infrastructure, and development
- Work closely with customers to ensure full satisfaction with the software product we deliver
- Provide leadership for junior team members
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required (15+ years preferred)
- System-level SW development with a deep understanding of and proven experience in the following areas:
- Software architecture and development of Application SW
- GUI design and development
- Identification, debug, root cause, and fix of issues
- Protocols/transport layers
- Design for test and debug
- Expert in C/C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
- Able to install/upgrade and debug issues encountered in the process
- Understanding of the different flavors of Linux (e.g. Redhat vs. Centos)
- Deep knowledge of SW development infrastructures
- Makefile creation and maintenance – cmake, make, etc.
- Build servers and underlying infrastructure
- Test and maintenance command infrastructures protocols/transport
- Developing and testing on targeted/proprietary hardware
- Ability to work/lead within Agile Management. Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is required.
- Deliver high-quality software/products to customers that meet or beat the schedule
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Experience
Knowledge of security protocols is highly desirable
Protocol/transport experience with protobuf, zmq, MORA
BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Disabled/Veteran