*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required. *
Job Title: R&D Project Manager – RF Systems
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Project Manager to lead our various engineering teams. We joined forces with Pacific Defense and since then our growth has accelerated.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
Spectranetix is looking for a talented and enthusiastic R&D Project Manager for RF Systems with outstanding technical, organizational and communication skills to join our small, elite team working in Sunnyvale, CA. Our high-performance computing systems are used for a variety of applications such as signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, threat detection, RF jammers, radio direction finding. To build these systems, we utilize state of the art hardware components such as FPGAs, SoCs, GPUs, and advanced software and firmware techniques that allow intuitive command and control of systems as well as data collection and processing. This position and its team(s) focus primarily upon the RF front ends of these systems.
- Construct and control project plans and budgets that help teams drive key decision points.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the projects and related contractual, technical, and quality documentation.
- Maintain the project calendar.
- Balance the demands of several simultaneous projects
- Schedule project meetings and keep meeting minutes.
- Identify, track, manage, and resolve project issues.
- Ensure the Project Team is meeting stakeholder needs.
- Prepare the cost and schedule of proposals to win new programs for key pursuits.
- Coordinates and monitors the metrics of their projects.
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules and develops solutions to project problems.
- Facilitate communication among production, engineering, quality, management, suppliers and customers.
- Collaborate with all teams to ensure that project goals and deliverables meet Spectranetix quality standards.
- Assess, monitor, document, and communicate on project scope and status, risks, and key learnings to project stakeholders.
- Ensure all team members understand their roles and are held accountable for meeting commitments.
- Drive change management processes, manage stakeholder expectations, communicate impact, and execute changes if applicable.
- Facilitate program communication and information flow by maintaining the project files.
- Coordinate resource allocation across a portfolio of projects.
- Coordinate with Contracts and Finance to ensure compliance to federal acquisition regulations (FAR).
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory, current security clearance a plus.
- Minimum 2-4-year engineering experience a must.
- Prior experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR) is a big plus.
- Experience in Managing Multiple Projects simultaneously is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a detail-oriented problem-solving approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations
- A capacity to thrive in a self-motivated environment that has few boundaries and at-times conflicting priorities
- RF/Communication background a must
- BSEE is a must, MSEE is a plus
- Ability to identify technical, cost, and schedule risks/opportunities and to engage technical support appropriately
- A desire to find, explore, and solve new and challenging problems
- A proven capacity to contribute to multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Experience in R&D and FAR proposal activities and development to customer requirements
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus