*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.*
Job Title: R&D Project Manager – Hardware Systems
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, or Mukilteo, WA, or Remote (in U.S.)
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Project Manager to lead our various engineering teams. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and since then our growth has accelerated.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMAOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
Spectranetix is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Project Manager with outstanding technical, organizational and communication skills to join our small, elite team working in Sunnyvale, CA. Our high-performance computing systems are used for a variety of applications such as signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, threat detection, RF jammers, radio direction finding. In order to build these systems we utilize state of the art hardware components such as FPGAs, SoCs, GPUs, and advanced software and firmware techniques that allow intuitive command and control of systems as well as data collection and processing.
- Project manager will lead a multi-functional team of skilled Systems, Hardware, Software, and Mechanical engineers
- Project manager will demonstrate a keen technical understanding of hardware and software technologies required for successful project execution including FPGAs, ARM x86 SoCs, GPUs, and high-speed interfaces like Ethernet 40/100 Gbe, PCIe Gen 3.0, NVLink
- Construct and control project cost and schedule plans that help teams drive key decision points.
- Identify and resolve project issues, ensure all team members understand their roles and are held accountable for meeting commitments.
- Ensure all team members understand their roles and are held accountable for meeting commitments.
- Drive change management processes, manage stakeholder expectations, communicate impact, and execute changes if applicable
- Facilitate program communication and information flow by maintaining project files, utilizing JIRA, Confluence, and other relevant tools
- Facilitate communication among production, engineering, quality, management, suppliers and customers.
- Assess, monitor, document, and communicate on project scope and status, risks, and key learnings to project stakeholders.
- Minimum 5-year Hardware/Software/Embedded engineering experience including: High Speed Digital systems involving FPGAs, GPUs, and/or ARM Processors
- Prior experience with VPX/OpenVPX/VME or similar systems is a big plus
- Experience in Managing Multiple Projects simultaneously is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a detail-oriented problem-solving approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations
- A capacity to thrive in a self-motivated environment that has few boundaries and at-times conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify technical, cost, and schedule risks/opportunities and to engage technical support appropriately
- A desire to find, explore, and solve new and challenging problems
- A proven capacity to contribute to multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Experience in R&D and proposal activities and development to customer requirements
- Minimum requirement: BS in EE, CS, or relevant discipline
- MS in EE, CS, or a relevant discipline preferred