*Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.*
Job Title: R&D Project Manager – Hardware Systems
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a Project Manager to lead our various engineering teams. We just joined forces with Pacific Defense on January 16, 2020 and since then our growth has accelerated.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMAOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
Spectranetix is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Project Manager with outstanding organizational and communication skills to join our small, elite team working in Sunnyvale, CA. Our systems and products are used for signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, jammers, radio direction finding, and many other applications across the Electronic Warfare, C4ISR and Tactical Communications markets. We build everything from the antennas, filters, receivers, DSP processors, and transmitters, down to the software control GUI’s and analytic tools.
- Project manager will lead a multi-functional team of skilled Electrical, Mechanical, Software, and Systems engineers
- Construct and control project plans and budgets that help teams drive key decision points.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the projects and related contractual, technical, and quality documentation.
- Maintain the project calendar.
- Balance the demands of several simultaneous projects
- Schedule project meetings and keep meeting minutes.
- Identify, track, manage, and resolve project issues.
- Ensure the Project Team is meeting stakeholder needs.
- Prepare the cost and schedule of proposals to win new programs for key pursuits.
- Coordinates and monitors the metrics of their projects.
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules and develops solutions to project problems.
- Facilitate communication among production, engineering, quality, management, suppliers and customers.
- Collaborate with all teams to ensure that project goals and deliverables meet Spectranetix quality standards.
- Assess, monitor, document, and communicate on project scope and status, risks, and key learnings to project stakeholders.
- Ensure all team members understand their roles and are held accountable for meeting commitments.
- Drive change management processes, manage stakeholder expectations, communicate impact, and execute changes if applicable.
- Facilitate program communication and information flow by maintaining the project files.
- Coordinate resource allocation across a portfolio of projects.
- Coordinate with Contracts and Finance ensure compliance to federal acquisition regulations (FAR).
- Minimum 2-4-year engineering experience + High Speed Digital background involving FPGAs, GPUs, and ARM Processors
- Prior experience with VPX/OpenVPX/VME or similar systems is a big plus
- Experience in Managing Multiple Projects simultaneously is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a detail-oriented problem-solving approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations
- A capacity to thrive in a self-motivated environment that has few boundaries and at-times conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify technical, cost, and schedule risks/opportunities and to engage technical support appropriately
- A desire to find, explore, and solve new and challenging problems
- A proven capacity to contribute to multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Experience in R&D and FAR proposal activities and development to customer requirements
- Minimum Requirement: BS in EE
- MS in EE preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus