*Due to the sensitive nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required*
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (preferred) or Mukilteo, WA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for a PCB CAD Librarian to join our engineering and operations teams. As a member of the Pacific Defense group of companies, our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire a PCB CAD Librarian who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company. This individual will work on a broad range of projects, in both laboratory and manufacturing environments. Working side by side with designers, test engineers, and manufacturing engineers, the PCB CAD Librarian will be expected to utilize your education, experience, and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and creative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments It is important that the candidate be able to work independently and collaboratively within multi-discipline teams. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
- Create library parts as needed by design engineers
- Maintain electronic computer aided design (ECAD) parts libraries (schematic symbols and physical footprints for the HW design group) + shared libraries in database format
- Working from schematic designs and basic descriptions of board function as well as interfacing with manufacturing and design engineers
- Good working knowledge of parts performance requirements and specifications
- Establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
- Avoiding and mitigating counterfeit part usage
- Secondary responsibility/role will be that of a component engineer
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineering
- Experience with EEE parts testing, failure analysis and non-conformance resolution and disposition experience as well as parts related experience or fields of study including integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitor
- Experience a plus in standard part selection of threaded/blind fasteners, fastener/electrical component coating systems, or electrical/electronic components used in military applications such as microcircuits, semiconductors, connectors, switches, relays and circuit protectors.
- Experience with mechanical design or electrical design including component/part selection
- Experience with BOM (Bill of Material) development and management for developmental and production programs.
- Experience working with and maintaining component database management tools as well as schematic capture packages, ideally OrCAD CIS/CIP
- Knowledge of Component MIL drawings, standards, test specifications, and associated QPLs and QMLs.
- Knowledge of component selection, screening, qualification, and derating for use in military, and aerospace flight applications.
- Knowledge of analog design and analysis, general knowledge of digital circuitry and interfaces, lab common equipment (oscilloscopes, network analyzer, etc.), electronics manufacturing processes and test equipment, circuit card and PWB manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturer’s datasheets and dimensioned drawings as well as the ability to navigate multiple complex processes and tools
- Familiarity with IPC Specifications, and working knowledge of IPC-7351B
- Experience with library configuration management as well as IPC certification, CID
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with manufacturing and engineering teams as well as a strong work ethic + organizational skills + keen attention to detail
- Experience with OrCAD and Allegro as well as PCB layout and routing
- Familiarity with both MIL STD and commercial components, and design for manufacturability and design for assembly
- Prior experience required as a PCB Librarian
- Minimum BS required
Spectranetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.