Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
REQ01035 and REQ01036
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Spectranetix, a small fast-growing company that develops and provides advanced electronic systems for the U.S. Department of Defense, is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to lead our various engineering teams. We recently joined forces with Pacific Defense and our growth is accelerating.
Spectranetix designs and builds advanced, military standards-based, modular open systems architecture (MOSA) systems. These systems conform to the Army’s C4ISR Modular Open Suite of Standards (CMOSS) and the Air Force’s Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA) Standard. These CMOSS/SOSA systems are used for multi-mission electronic warfare, tactical communications, signals intelligence, cyber-EW, high speed computing or simultaneous combinations of these capabilities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to hire an Embedded Software Engineer who wants to get involved with a small, fast-paced and dynamic company. Responsible for managing, maintaining, and advancing the state of the art in embedded software components on SDR systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for development of new features on our embedded platforms
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Design, develop and verify firmware and drivers for embedded systems
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
- 3-5 years of experience as an embedded software engineer writing C and C++ user space applications
- Experience in design, development, and debugging applications on ARM/ARM 64 architecture
- Experience developing application software that interfaces with FPGAs, sensors, and other embedded hardware
- Experience in writing well-documented code in a collaborative, team-centric environment
- Experience applying Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- active security clearance is a plus
- BS in EE/CS or related field