Test and Characterization Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is seeking a Test and Characterization Engineer to join our Testing and Characterization Group. Spectranetix builds very advanced, custom-designed, high-bandwidth, FPGA-heavy, DSP wireless systems for U.S. Military, Government, and Commercial markets. Our systems and products are used for signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, jammers, radio direction finding, and many other applications. We build everything from the antennas, filters, receivers, DSP processors, and transmitters, down to the software control GUI’s and analytic tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible small company in diverse roles within the testing and characterization group. As a test and characterization engineer, you will work at testing various levels within the system, depending on the project and need, which include RF, protocol, and software application levels. You will work closely with our internal customers (software and hardware developers) to understand their characterization and testing needs, develop and present plans, implement test and characterization software, validate it before use, and ensure that resulting data is organized for analysis.
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory, current security clearance a plus
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering.
- 0-5 years of relevant industry experience in test and currently operating with expertise in the following areas :
- C/C++ and Python
- Effective coding that is maintainable, readable, re-useable, and scalable
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and practical use of standard concepts through advanced concepts
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly (protocols, algorithms, coding languages, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills including
- Ability to communicate and work efficiently with other locations
- Working with internal customers to understand requirements and ensure proper testing procedures
- Collaboration and coordination across teams/groups/locations
- Presentation of test results and recommendations
- Documentation of characterization and test procedures, test architectures, test and characterization usage
- Identify, communicate, and propose solutions for areas of improvement
- C/C++ and Python
- 0-5 years of relevant industry experience in test and currently operating with expertise in the following areas or (for new grads) ability to quickly learn the following:
- GUI-based characterization software
- In WINDOWs and LINUX environments
- Organization and analysis of test data produced (in filesystems and database systems)
- Use of effective test processes
- Working in an Agile environment using supporting tools such as JIRA
- Project planning in areas of responsibility/ownership
- Triage, failure analysis, and defect reporting
- Testing of protocols and software
- RF systems including
- Incorporation and use of instrumentation such as signal generators, analyzers, etc. in characterization and tests
- Characterization and testing of RF systems or DSP-based systems with an understanding of DSP algorithms
- Work with internal customers early in the architecture and development processes to engage/advise on design for test, test infrastructure considerations, etc.
- Validation of test and characterization software
- Language expertise in BASH, QT, C# are a plus
- Past experience and/or knowledge of working with contract manufacturers in a test capacity
- Expertise in or working within 3rd party test frameworks (e.g. Keysight)
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!