Senior Program Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is looking to hire a Senior Program Manager who has experience managing advanced R&D and prototyping projects for Military and Government customers. This role requires first a highly motivated engineer who then can step into the PM role and have a high attention to detail to organize teams and manage the effort to completion. This requires someone who is comfortable working with minimal oversight in a cutting edge, fast paced, R&D engineering/prototyping environment. The ideal candidate should be able to manage complex prototyping which includes PCB manufacturing, board assembly and test, mechanics, software, and systems engineering. The manager should have demonstrated experience in aggressive schedules, assessing schedule & technical risks, delivering the projects on time, helping guide engineering team priorities, managing cost, and interfacing with the Military and Government customers.
- Provide leadership to the program team engineers. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict
- Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution.
- Coordinate with Management on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis
- Formally identifies, assesses, monitors and mitigates engineering risk throughout the program life cycle.
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident.
- In conjunction with Contracts department:
- Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
- Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
- MUST be a U.S. citizen, able and willing to get a high-level Government Security Clearance.
- Engineering Degree with Management experience preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in program management. (Defense or Aerospace preferred)
- Demonstrated success in Program execution and must include manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling, budget control, risk management, statements of work and subcontracts.
- Must have effective leadership and management skills, along with excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: email@example.com
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!