Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Mukilteo, WA; Sunnyvale, CA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our Software Development Group. Spectranetix builds very advanced, custom-designed, high-bandwidth, FPGA-heavy, DSP wireless systems for U.S. Military, Government, and Commercial markets. Our systems and products are used for signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, jammers, radio direction finding, and many other applications. We build everything from the antennas, filters, receivers, DSP processors, and transmitters, down to the software control GUI’s and analytic tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
Do you like building high-performance embedded Linux systems? Do you want to help the shape the future of 21st century communications? Come and join us! We are looking for a detail-oriented and independent thinking problem-solver to create solutions for managing, maintaining, and advancing the state of the art in embedded software components on software defined radio (SDR) systems. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, small-team environment in diverse roles within the Software Development Group. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of our SDR products.
- Be responsible for application architecture and development of new features on our embedded platforms
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Design, develop and verify firmware and drivers for embedded systems
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software source code.
- Perform tasks including embedded Linux prototype and production application software development and debugging
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory, current security clearance a plus.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience as an embedded software engineer.
- Experience in design, development, and debugging Linux applications on ARM/ARM 64 architecture.
- Experience developing application software that interfaces with FPGAs, sensors, and other embedded hardware.
- Experience in coding in C/C++
- Experience with RTOS and embedded Linux development
- Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in writing well-documented code in a collaborative, team-centric environment.
- Experience in UIO/Kernel driver design/development/debugging
- Experience in application security on embedded systems
- Experience with high-speed networking on embedded hardware with Linux Network Stack
- Experience with Software Defined Radio
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: email@example.com
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!