Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is seeking a seasoned DevOps and SysDev Engineer who enjoys solving problems and has a strong technical background in Systems Engineering and Software Development to help support our team.
- Research, define and architect solutions for Source Control, Build and Deployment automation, Continuous Integration, Environment Monitoring with development teams to understand their needs and produce build/test/deploy solutions that assist them.
- Participate in design reviews, build systems services development, and documentation.
- Configure source control repositories and assist with oversight of source control repositories.
- Support software development efforts by ensuring reliable builds for all software projects.
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams.
- Mentor more junior team members.
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory, current security clearance a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 7+ years of software industry experience
- Software/Systems Development experience including 4+ years of systems/infrastructure software (DevOps).
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C/C++ or Python or bash.
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux and Windows environment.
- In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and process.
- Passionate about Continuous Build, Integration, Test, and Delivery systems.
- Source control management such as Git, SVN.
- Experience in Container services(Docker/Kubernetes), UNIX system administration.
- Experience investigating or monitoring problems on systems.
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!