RF Board Design Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA; Mukilteo, WA; Negotiable
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is seeking a talented and passionate RF Engineer to join our small, fast-paced and dynamic team. Spectranetix builds very advanced, custom-designed, high-bandwidth, FPGA-heavy, DSP wireless systems for U.S. Military, Government, and Commercial markets. Our systems and products are used for signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, jammers, radio direction finding, and many other applications. We build everything from the antennas, filters, receivers, DSP processors, and transmitters, down to the software control GUI’s and analytic tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the design and development of leading edge wide-bandwidth RF technology to 18 GHz with extensions to 26.5 GHz and higher. Develop module and pc board level requirements, specifications, and designs. Interface with Systems, Software, Digital, Mechanical and Manufacturing teams to ensure producible, cost-effective designs, on-time and within budget.
- Work on design efforts by coordinating, monitoring and mentoring junior staff.
- Prepare detailed system and board level block diagrams and identify potential issues.
- Develop detailed requirements document prior to starting design.
- Work with system integrator to develop solutions that meet system requirements and result in a high-quality product.
- Lead design review process, document results and execute changes.
- Test and verify that design performance meets required specifications.
- Produce all required design documentation to ensure manufacturability and ongoing technical support.
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of RF system and board level design experience.
- Experience with CAD/CAE tools for schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Experience with transceiver design, frequency conversion, frequency synthesizers and PLLs to 18 GHz.
- Experience with broadband (> 100 MHz BW) RF design.
- Experience developing full cascade analysis to determine system performance.
- Experience using EM field simulation and analysis software like CST Studio.
- Self-starter, with ability to work within teams to accomplish design goals.
- Experience with quick turn developments.
- Current security clearance a plus.
- Familiarity with OrCAD and Allegro flow a plus.
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: email@example.com
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!