Location: Mukilteo, WA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is looking for a Network Administrator to join our team and be a key technical contributor to protect the business from external and internal threats. As a member of the IT Team, this individual will help design and implement new security tools, infrastructure improvements, be responsible for the daily management, monitoring, and troubleshooting of network ad security events. You will lead projects to implement new security tools, respond to security threats and/or incidents as well as overseeing the life-cycle of both network ad application vulnerabilities.
- Manage and monitor the network infrastructure including network infrastructure and remote office connections. Devices include switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, servers, and virtual appliances/servers.
- Determine operational weaknesses within the existing network infrastructure and present execution plans to overcoming those concerns in a timely fashion while still making the most cost-efficient use of resources.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve the security and/or performance of existing environments.
- Interact with other teams to provide escalation support during outages and customer issues even if the problem might not be directly related to the network infrastructure.
- Interact directly with technical and non-technical customers/vendors to resolve incidents ad manage project tasks.
- Documents IT network and security activities such as downtime, problems, ad systems configurations.
- Maintain a positive ad professional attitude while participating in after hours or weekend network maintenance on an ad-hoc basis.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot routing, security/NT policies on physical and virtual firewalls and routers.
- Implementation and enforcement of existing and self-designed security measures and policies to protect Spectranetix networks from both external and internal attacks and/or abuses.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot IPsec ad VPN tunnels between sites and VPN servers for remote user access.
- Travel as required to meet project objectives. Approximately 8% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Networking
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Computer Systems and Network Management
- Industry standard security certification (Sec+ or CISSP, CCNP or above)
- Skillset should include knowledge of the follow technologies:
- Routing concepts ad technologies (BGP, OSPF, Static, Redistribution, etc.)
- Switching concepts ad technologies (VLAs, Bridging, Spanning Tree, Trunking, Leaf-Spine, etc..)
- Cisco lOS
- Web filtering technologies
- Network monitoring tools
- Modern Data Center Design
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!