Logic Design Engineer
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is seeking a talented and passionate Logic Design Engineer to join our Gateware Development Group. Spectranetix builds very advanced, custom-designed, high-bandwidth, FPGA-heavy, DSP wireless systems for U.S. Military, Government, and Commercial markets. Our Software Defined Radios (SDRs) are cutting edge and will put you on the forefront of FPGA technology (we’re working with the latest 16nm and 20nm FPGAs). Projects and duties vary widely in complexity and scope, from protocol stacks to math-intensive signal processing. Our systems and products are used for signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, jammers, radio direction finding, and many other applications. We build everything from the antennas, filters, receivers, DSP processors, and transmitters, down to the software control GUI’s and analytic tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and integrating digital signal processing (DSP) high speed digital design, high speed communications, and system-on-chip (SOC) implemented on FPGA platforms.
- FPGA design including specification, design, simulation, synthesis, verification and bring-up using best practices and methodologies.
- Create ways to automate and develop scripts to improve FPGA development efforts.
- Collaborate with team to help develop test benches and troubleshoot technical issues in the lab.
- Provide support and technical direction to entry-level engineers.
- Contribute to design, simulation, verification, integration, and test of complex, high speed products.
- Work in a cross functional environment with skills in multiple areas including hardware, software, and FPGA design
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory, current security clearance a plus.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in VHDL or Verilog.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and infrastructure (AXI4).
- Some software experience is preferred, at least the ability to read and understand C/C++ source.
- Possess other relevant skills: Can you read a schematic? Do you dabble with Python? Was your emphasis in Digital Comms? Are you a HAM radio operator? We want to hear about it!!
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: email@example.com
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!