Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Due to the classified nature of our work, U.S. citizenship is required.
Spectranetix, a Pacific Defense company, is seeking a Engineering Technician to join our team. Spectranetix builds very advanced, custom-designed, high-bandwidth, FPGA-heavy, DSP wireless systems for U.S. Military, Government, and Commercial markets. Our systems and products are used for signals intelligence, secure/covert digital communications, jammers, radio direction finding, and many other applications. We build everything from the antennas, filters, receivers, DSP processors, and transmitters, down to the software control GUI’s and analytic tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will provide engineering support to the engineering staff as needed and in accordance with the duties and responsibilities below. Maintains the laboratory in working order.
- Procure parts and prepare kits, e.g. place orders, reconcile shipments, coordinate with vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the evaluation of new vendors as required.
- Perform incoming quality inspections on both mechanical and PCB assemblies.
- Assemble prototypes, including mechanical, PCBAs and system chassis.
- Perform rework/PCB modifications as needed.
- Troubleshoot at both the board level and the system level.
- Debug, test, verify performance and align products using common test equipment and record results.
- Provide recommendations for developing test procedures.
- Maintain the laboratory and equipment in working order, inform supervisor of repair or work that needs to be done.
- Maintain existing parts inventory in a usable state.
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory, current security clearance a plus
- Working knowledge with lab equipment, including but not limited to, Spectrum analyzer, Function/signal generators and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to solder fine pitch parts under a microscope.
- Working knowledge of the NPI process.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
Ready to Apply?
If you meet these requirements and feel that you can significantly add value to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Send a cover letter describing your intent in addition to your resume here: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information, please contact our Recruiters as well!